Mmmm, So yummy! Shrimp and Salmon Salad As Seen On ABC LOCAL 10
I found this savory, poached shrimp and salmon recipe made with avocado, bell pepper, red onion, lime fresh curly parsley and garlic from Chef Alain Lemaire that made me drool just from a glance of the presentation photo. It says the cooking time is about 5 minutes and, of course, Preparation and plating time is about 30 minutes. No wonder… but purpose served! My attention was definitely captured.
And oh yeah, you’re welcome! Let us know how it tastes. 🙂
Shrimp and Salmon Salad As Seen On ABC LOCAL 10
POACHED SHRIMP WITH SALMON SALAD
Yield: 4 – Cooking time: 5 minutes – Preparation and plating time: 30 minutes
– 4 oz fresh, skin-off salmon
– 8 (16/20) shrimp peeled and de-veined tail-off
– 1 avocado
– 1/2 red bell pepper
– 1/2 red onion
– 1 sprig of fresh thyme
– 1 sprig of fresh curly parsley
– Juice of 2 lemons
– Juice of 1 lime
– 1 scotch bonnet or habanero pepper
– Salt & pepper to taste
Court bouillon: white wine, pepper cloves, parsley and thyme sprigs, bay leaves, lemon juice, fresh garlic, salt and pepper to taste.
1. Cook shrimp in court bouillon for approximately 2 to 3 minutes or until opaque. Do not let over cook or shrimp will be rubbery. Remove from liquid and chill quickly to stop cooking process.
2. Chop parsley and thyme (save a pinch full for garnish). Chop finely 1/8 of habanero pepper. Cut red onion, red pepper and avocado into dices. Combine all ingredients except for salmon and shrimp in mixing bowl and stir well until all is well coated. Adjust seasoning to taste.
3. Cut salmon into 8 – ½ oz rectangular-like portions.
4. Right before service, let salmon and shrimp marinate for 5 to 7 minutes in mixture. Do not let over sit, otherwise Salmon will start cooking and change color and texture.
5. When plating, pour some of marinate over dish and serve cold. Garnish with remainder of thyme and parsley.